Due to the fact that the card is already overclocked from its default speeds, we were not expecting much more from the Ti4200 OTES. However, we were very surprised to see that the card still had quite a bit of headroom. Using PowerStrip, we were able to overclock the card's core clock speed all the way up to 310MHz and the memory speed up to 610MHz. This is a very impressive overclock considering the fact that most Ti4200 cards come clocked at default speeds of 250/500MHz. Below is a comparison of 3DMark results between stock and overclocked speeds:
Overall, we were very impressed with the Abit Ti4200 OTES. It offers excellent performance, is packed with features, and its innovative cooling system coupled with high yield memory ensures that overclockers will not be disappointed. That said, we did have a few small complaints. Firstly, the large cooling system will render one of your PCI slots useless and its software bundle is nothing to write home about. However, with the current abundance of PCI slots on most motherboards coupled with the fact that most users already own most of the software that usually comes bundled with graphics cards, this shouldn't be too much of a problem.
At a price of around US$180, the Ti4200 OTES is not the cheapest Ti4200 card on the market, due to the amount of copper used in its cooling system. However, for many, this extra cost will be well worth it as the card is able to be overclock to Ti4400 speeds and beyond. The bottom line is, if you are an overclocker on a budget and are looking to upgrade your graphics card, you can't get much better than the Abit Ti4200 OTES.
Innovative cooling system
Great overclocking results
TV and DVI outputs
Small software bundle
Cooling system takes up one PCI slot
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 3 [Package Contents & O.T.E.S]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 4 [The Card]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 5 [Test Systems & Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 6 [Comanche 4, 3DMark 2001 SE & Quake 3 Arena]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 7 [Overclocking & Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's foldable smartphone to launch before the Note8
- Destiny 2 screenshots revealed
- Samsung is aware of weird fingerprint sensor location
- Destiny 2 to feature 'great story and characters'
- Samsung doubles Galaxy S8 supply, expects record sales
- iStorage datAshur Pro 8GB Encrypted Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- CD PROJEKT summarizes its 2016 financial results
- Destiny 2 announced: blockbuster sequel to the biggest new console video game franchise launch of all time set for September 8
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software