- The Card
Abit has decided on an all black color scheme for the Ti4200 OTES. The black PCB is complemented nicely by the mostly copper heatsink/fan unit. Unlike most Ti4200 cards currently on the market, the Ti4200 OTES features a core clock speed of 275MHz and a memory clock speed of 554MHz. This is quite a bit higher than the default clock speed of the Ti4200 chipset, however, it would have been foolish for Abit not to sell the card at overclocked speeds with such an extravagant cooling system installed.
The card also features 64MB Hynix DDR memory rated at 3.6ns. Something that is quite unusual for Abit is that there were no heatsinks attached to the memory chips. Abit obviously felt that the memory already ran cool enough and the lack of memory heatsinks also means a lower priced card.
As far as onboard features are concerned, the card includes a TV-out controller supporting resolutions up to 1024x768, as well as a DVI output for those of you with digital LCD monitors. As mentioned earlier, a DVI-to-VGA converter is included for those that plan to run dual VGA displays.
Below is a picture of the card installed in our test system. As you can see, it completely covers one of the PCI slots and comes quite close to our SoundBlaster Audigy sound card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 3 [Package Contents & O.T.E.S]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 4 [The Card]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 5 [Test Systems & Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 6 [Comanche 4, 3DMark 2001 SE & Quake 3 Arena]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 7 [Overclocking & Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- Small patch for No Man's Sky incoming
- Resident Evil 7's campaign takes 14-16 hours to beat
- Worms WMD is getting an update on December 7
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair