Taking A Closer Look
- Package Contents
The board comes packaged in a white and blue box, with the color scheme putting emphasis on the "cool" factor. Inside the box is a detailed User's Manual, a driver CD, an S-Video to RCA converter, an S-video extension cable, an RCA extentsion cable and a DVI-to-VGA converter.
On the driver CD you'll find a full version copy of SiluroDVD (rebadge of Intervideo's WinDVD), nVidia's 40.41 drivers and an NVFlash utility for flashing your card's BIOS. This isn't nearly as much free software as we've seen bundled with other cards, however, this is not a big issue for me as I would certainly rather purchase a card that lacks free software (which I would most likely already own), if it means the card will be priced cheaper. Of course, opinions regarding this matter will vary from person to person.
Before we move on to the card itself, allow us to explain exactly how Abit's O.T.E.S cooling system works. Firstly, the Outside Thermal Exhaust System features a copper fin heatsink with thin and lengthened fins arranged in a wide array. This aids in the conduction of heat, as the greater the surface area, the lower the temperatures. As well as the fin heatsink, a heatpipe is also used in heat dissipation. Inside the heatpipe is liquid, which, as the heatsink gets hotter, absorbs the heat which then turns into vapor. The heat is then released from the upper part of the cylinder, where the vapor condenses to a liquid. Finally, the liquid returns to the lower part of the cylinder by gravity and the process starts all over again. This is similar to the cooling methods we've seen on vapor-phase cooling systems such as the Vapochill.
Cooling down the heatsink is a dual ball-bearing 7200RPM fan, which obviously runs quite a bit louder than the stock heatsink/fan unit usually installed on Ti4200 cards. That said, if you are purchasing this card, chances are you are an overclocker and have already packed your case with plenty of high speed fans. If this is the case, the noise level won't change much.
Due to the fact that the O.T.E.S cooling system is extremely large, Abit was forced to double the size of the mounting bracket, which in turn takes up the PCI slot that is directly below the AGP slot. With motherboards currently featuring up to 6 PCI slots as well as plenty of onboard features, the loss of one PCI slot shouldn't be a problem for most of you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 3 [Package Contents & O.T.E.S]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 4 [The Card]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 5 [Test Systems & Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 6 [Comanche 4, 3DMark 2001 SE & Quake 3 Arena]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 7 [Overclocking & Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club