Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W, whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are greater than the TP-750, we can test it to the maximum.
Antec's TP-750 produced solid numbers throughout all five tests that we put it through. You will notice that the 3.3V reading starts out high but maintains a very stable voltage as loads increase. At 3.40V-3.41V, it is close to the upper limit of the ATX specification, but still within it. All other voltages are right where you would expect them to be and well within specifications.
Antec's TruePower series of power supplies have always been trusted and revered by gamers and enthusiasts alike. Their latest TruePower PSU's are sure to continue this trend as the TP-750 we received shows great build quality and voltage readings.
The hybrid cable management is fantastic as well. The native cables will provide plenty of connectors for a vast majority of users in need of a 750W power supply and the modular cables are sure to meet the needs of the rest. The versatility of the PCI-E connectors on the power supply being able to be used for peripheral cables simply makes it even better.
The only fault I can find in the TP-750 lies within the slightly cheaper method for packaging the unit. It is certainly understandable as moving to cardboard for protecting the unit is lighter than foam and much cheaper. This also cuts down on shipping costs. Most don't take this into consideration, but even a few ounces of reduced weight per package makes a huge difference in total cost when you ship several million units worldwide.
Overall, Antec's TP-750 is a unit worthy of your money in almost any manner. So long as the wattage, connector availability and cable length suit your needs, you can't go wrong with the TP-750.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability & Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One X pre-orders available now
- 100 games will be enhanced on Xbox One X
- Our 'Guardians' giveaway is out of this Galaxy!
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes