Crucial Ballistix BL2KIT25664FN2139 4GB PC3-17000
This new Ballistix with tall black heat spreaders is shipped in a clear packaging with a colored insert to match the yellow/orange stripe on the modules. The cut away window also gives you a peek at the 9-10-9-24 timings and 1.65V requirement of this 2133 MHz Memory.
On the back Crucial provides a mission statement of their high speed modules in three languages and offers the support address if you do run across any issues.
These new modules are based on a black PCB that not only houses the memory ICs, but also holds a I2C chip that can monitor and send temperatures from the modules that can be read via software. Surrounding the PCB and memory chips is an all new design of heat spreader that uses a tall, almost "toothed" effect to aide in removing heat.
Just for verification, I wanted to show off the model number and the specs of this kit. The main reason I haven't had Crucial DDR3 yet is that they wouldn't go over 1600 MHz. for a long time. That time is over; as you can see they have broken right past that barrier.
Flipping the modules over, most obviously they lack any striping. As they are installed into my P55A-UD7 they are oriented that I see the stripe and the plain sides face the CPU cooler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Crucial Ballistix BL2KIT25664FN2139 4GB PC3-17000]
- Page 4 [The Crucial Ballistix Active Cooling Fan Packaging]
- Page 5 [The BLACTIVECOOL Fan, Hardware and Assembly]
- Page 6 [Testing and the Ballistix MOD Utility]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Last Galaxy S8 leak before launch - the box
- I hope Destiny 2's leaked poster is fake, and here's why
- Apple's red iPhones extremely popular in - China!
- HMD confirms US availability for the Nokia smartphones
- Oppo launches F3 Plus with dual front cameras
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter