Crucial Ballistix BL2KIT25664FN2139 4GB PC3-17000
This new Ballistix with tall black heat spreaders is shipped in a clear packaging with a colored insert to match the yellow/orange stripe on the modules. The cut away window also gives you a peek at the 9-10-9-24 timings and 1.65V requirement of this 2133 MHz Memory.
On the back Crucial provides a mission statement of their high speed modules in three languages and offers the support address if you do run across any issues.
These new modules are based on a black PCB that not only houses the memory ICs, but also holds a I2C chip that can monitor and send temperatures from the modules that can be read via software. Surrounding the PCB and memory chips is an all new design of heat spreader that uses a tall, almost "toothed" effect to aide in removing heat.
Just for verification, I wanted to show off the model number and the specs of this kit. The main reason I haven't had Crucial DDR3 yet is that they wouldn't go over 1600 MHz. for a long time. That time is over; as you can see they have broken right past that barrier.
Flipping the modules over, most obviously they lack any striping. As they are installed into my P55A-UD7 they are oriented that I see the stripe and the plain sides face the CPU cooler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Crucial Ballistix BL2KIT25664FN2139 4GB PC3-17000]
- Page 4 [The Crucial Ballistix Active Cooling Fan Packaging]
- Page 5 [The BLACTIVECOOL Fan, Hardware and Assembly]
- Page 6 [Testing and the Ballistix MOD Utility]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20