While we certainly don't expect a $1500 gaming PC to perform like a $3000 one, the FX6803 has some issues that give us pause. The system's messy internal wiring screams "mass-produced PC." Although that's not necessarily a deal breaker, the system performed certain tasks well below the level it should, given the hardware inside.
With the indentation and compartment on top of the chassis, along with a host of USB and eSATA ports, Gateway seems to gear this system towards customers who use lots of external storage devices, going so far as to include two bays for connecting internal hard drives. Along with the system's Core i7 processor, this system might be of interest to media creation pros who swap out hard drives with regularity. However, since the two internal bays accessible through the panel do no support hot swaps, the appeal is somewhat limited (especially since the system's long boot adds that much more time to the swap process).
In terms of gaming, however, the FX6803 delivered on a level commiserate or slightly above what we expected. It was able to run all our test titles at or near maximum settings and still deliver smooth gameplay, and Gateway deserves credit in that respect. Among gamers, the Tier I PC manufacturers have a bit of a reputation for being utterly clueless when it comes to 3D gaming, but the FX6803 provides a very satisfying gaming experience for a mid-range system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni