While we certainly don't expect a $1500 gaming PC to perform like a $3000 one, the FX6803 has some issues that give us pause. The system's messy internal wiring screams "mass-produced PC." Although that's not necessarily a deal breaker, the system performed certain tasks well below the level it should, given the hardware inside.
With the indentation and compartment on top of the chassis, along with a host of USB and eSATA ports, Gateway seems to gear this system towards customers who use lots of external storage devices, going so far as to include two bays for connecting internal hard drives. Along with the system's Core i7 processor, this system might be of interest to media creation pros who swap out hard drives with regularity. However, since the two internal bays accessible through the panel do no support hot swaps, the appeal is somewhat limited (especially since the system's long boot adds that much more time to the swap process).
In terms of gaming, however, the FX6803 delivered on a level commiserate or slightly above what we expected. It was able to run all our test titles at or near maximum settings and still deliver smooth gameplay, and Gateway deserves credit in that respect. Among gamers, the Tier I PC manufacturers have a bit of a reputation for being utterly clueless when it comes to 3D gaming, but the FX6803 provides a very satisfying gaming experience for a mid-range system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20