The Corsair AirFlow Pro Dynamic LED Display
The AirFlow Pro comes in this packaging and explains that this is a Parametric Display for DHX Pro Dominator memory next to a lighted image of the AirFlow Pro mounted on top of the CMXAF2.
All of the sides on the packaging mirror the first image, except for this panel. On the light blue background Corsair listed the features of the AirFlow Pro and gives you an idea of what it takes to run it, and what should be expected.
Removing the AirFlow Pro, I found that the LED display is shipped inside of a plastic bag to keep it from rubbing against the cardboard during transit. Inside of the cardboard the unit is resting on you will locate the included hardware to make the AirFlow Pro Functional.
Removing the plastic bag from the dynamic LED display you see eighteen groups of three LEDs. The center two are used for thermal monitoring, while the other eight above and below are used for depiction of the activity of the sticks. The far end with the Corsair logo has a shroud that covers the wires and connectivity. The end closest to us has two holes, and with some included risers, mounts above the CMXAF2.
Underneath the unit is where things get interesting. You can see there is more to this assembly than just LED functionality. Included into the PCB is the chip that holds the parametric equation to make the proper activity lights turn on at the correct time.
Connectivity is simple with the AirFlow Pro. There are six 5-pin plugs in the middle that utilize the cables supplied to attach to the RAM modules. To the right is a 4-pin connection that with an included adapter, is what powers the AirFlow Pro. The white plug to the left has no explanation, but at my best guess, I assume it is what they use to program the code into the chips.
Included in the AirFlow Pro packaging you will find two risers, two lock washers, two washers, and two thumbscrews to mount the LEDs to the top of the fan.
To make sure the system has power you will use the 4-pim to Molex power cable. To transfer the information from the DHX Pro memory modules to the AirFlow Pro you will need to wire one of these six wires between the two of them.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and the Corsair AirFlow 2 Memory Cooler]
- Page 4 [The Corsair AirFlow Pro Dynamic LED Display]
- Page 5 [The Corsair Dominator Memory with DHX Pro Technology]
- Page 6 [Assembly and Testing]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications