Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Dynamic LED kit, or the AirFlow Pro, is only the top of the three piece kit. The AirFlow Pro mounts to the top of the CMXAF2 fan and displays both the activity of the memory being used as well as a thermal indicator. The AirFlow Pro has an onboard chip that distinguishes how many, up to six in total, memory sticks are being used and sets the activity LEDs accordingly. This means that no matter if you have two, four, or six sticks installed, you will see all of the lighting functional in all conditions. The thermal indicators start in blue (~20°C) and end with a bright red (~45°C). These three LEDs will also either show two active in dual channel, three active in triple channel, and if you use six, it will show the hotter module in that channel. Along with the wiring to connect this module to the memory, there is a 4-pin Molex connection to power this component. This one bit of the three piece kit can be found at Newegg.com for $54.99 with only $3 to ship it.
The second major component of the assembly is the fan; without it there would be no place to mount the AirFlow Pro. Make sure you aren't going to try to use the older fan design; the difference in the width and the height of the legs is going to make a huge difference. Step in the CMXAF2, a memory cooler utilizing two 60mm fans. This not only adds more air flow, but with the larger fans, they should make less noise than the CMXAF1. With both fans spinning at 3500 RPM, the fans can deliver a combined air flow of almost 27 CFM. Since this is powered with a 3-pin fan connection, you can either allow it to run at the full 12V, or if the motherboard is capable, you can set it to run slower and tweak the noise level to an even lower state. This part of the kit is going to set you back a very affordable $26.00 at Newegg.com, and again requires $3 worth of shipping.
The third and most important part of this design is the memory, and Corsair memory with DHX Pro technology to be very specific. The fan of course will work with many kits of memory, but the AirFlow Pro needs this evolution of the Dual-path Heat eXchange patented technology. While DHX is mainly based on the heat spreader design, it once took an evolution into DHX+ for use with the T30 TEC cooler that you added to a regular water cooling loop. Fast forward a couple of years and now DHX has gone Pro. This incorporates a special plug on the end of the module so that it can send information to the AirFlow Pro Module.
Corsair was nice enough to provide a chart of all of the memory that has this technology to make your shopping a bit easier. For our testing they have provided the CMP4G3M2C1600C7 4GB kit that runs at 7-8-7-20 timings and requires 1.65V to function. The prices of the kits are going to vary with speeds and timings, but the kit we are testing will cost you $109.99 at Newegg.com. With the trend of falling memory pricing, it may just be the time to get the RAM cheap enough that you can still afford the almost $80 it is going to take to make the three piece kit complete.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and the Corsair AirFlow 2 Memory Cooler]
- Page 4 [The Corsair AirFlow Pro Dynamic LED Display]
- Page 5 [The Corsair Dominator Memory with DHX Pro Technology]
- Page 6 [Assembly and Testing]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform