The Intel X25-M 120GB Retail
On the surface nothing has changed with the latest revision of the Intel SSD. The drive still uses a black ring to get it to the full 9mm height.
All of the label information is listed on the front of the drive and the back is bare other than the four standard mounting locations.
On the back the SATA power and data connections are where they should be for a 9mm height 2.5" form factor drive.
Here we see the screw on adapter bracket that Intel uses to turn their 7mm height drive into the 9mm model. We were hoping to be able to remove the bracket to make this the 7mm model for a netbook, but the screws used to secure the adapter are too long to be used for the conversion.
Here we get our first look at the 120GB hybrid flash drive. The row of flash on the left is labeled CAMDA, the same as used in the 160GB drive and the flash on the right is labeled JAMDA, the same as the 80GB model.
The back of the PCB has open spaces for even more flash, but none are used in the 120GB model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple could launch the iPhone 8 and iPhone 7S this year
- Lenovo confirms smaller battery for the Moto Z2 Play
- First images of Nokia's upcoming flagship leak
- Rare Apple-1 computer from 1976 auctioned for $130,000
- Facebook rolling out 'Order Food' option
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Custom Storage Unit
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning