One of the things that has returned to popularity over the last few year has been the use of multiple monitors in the home. In business this has been a standard for quite some time. In fact, most of the companies that I have run the IT department for have used multiple monitors (at the very least for their accounting and sales departments). It allows you more room and to also run multiple "full screen" applications at once.
Of course, this is usually talking about dual monitors and not getting into the more extravagant world of triple and quad monitors. The problem is that in many cases unless you want to spend more money to get a GPU like AMD's Eyefinity and Display Port capable monitors, you are not going to get three or more monitors running. Well, that, as we said, is usually the case anyway.
Recently we happened upon a product that gets around all of that through the use of active video splitting to take the input from a single DisplayPort connection and send it out to three DVI capable monitors. Manufactured by StarTech, the ConvergeAV uses an Active DisplayPort connection to convert the video signal from ANY graphics card into three outputs. The ConvergeAV is not cheap, though; it retails for around $300 when we could find it online. Still, let's see if this can really do the same job as an Eyefinity setup, or is this just a neat gadget.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD to have a massive volume launch of next-gen Zen CPUs in early 2017
- Facebook CEO says 'AR will be where VR' is today in 5-10 years
- Microsoft 'couldn't focus' enough in order to make a portable Xbox
- Witcher 3 first person mod released, looking good
- Razer opens up the pre-order floodgates for its OSVR headset
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard