One of the things that has returned to popularity over the last few year has been the use of multiple monitors in the home. In business this has been a standard for quite some time. In fact, most of the companies that I have run the IT department for have used multiple monitors (at the very least for their accounting and sales departments). It allows you more room and to also run multiple "full screen" applications at once.
Of course, this is usually talking about dual monitors and not getting into the more extravagant world of triple and quad monitors. The problem is that in many cases unless you want to spend more money to get a GPU like AMD's Eyefinity and Display Port capable monitors, you are not going to get three or more monitors running. Well, that, as we said, is usually the case anyway.
Recently we happened upon a product that gets around all of that through the use of active video splitting to take the input from a single DisplayPort connection and send it out to three DVI capable monitors. Manufactured by StarTech, the ConvergeAV uses an Active DisplayPort connection to convert the video signal from ANY graphics card into three outputs. The ConvergeAV is not cheap, though; it retails for around $300 when we could find it online. Still, let's see if this can really do the same job as an Eyefinity setup, or is this just a neat gadget.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- Call of Duty rumored to see a third-person Modern Warfare release
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY