Today we are continuing our look at some mainstream and entry level enthusiast power supplies. These are designed for the gamer or power user in mind that is looking to utilize multiple graphics cards as well as other higher end parts in their computer. While more power is required for these systems, perfect power delivery and a plethora of connectors are not needed as much.
The power supply on the test bench today is one of Sparkle Computer Corporation's latest and greatest. For those that haven't heard of Sparkle Computer Corp. , they've been in business for over 25 years and have primarily focused on delivering NVIDIA products. Lately they've also started delivering power supplies and they look quite promising on paper.
The model we are taking a look at today is their 850W Gold Class power supply, the SCC-850AF. It comes packed full of options at a modest price. Keep reading to find out how well the SCC-850AF performs when put through the gauntlet of tests here at TweakTown.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Sparkle Computer comes in swinging with plenty of power available from the SCC-850AF for just about any need. The full 850W of power is available on the 12V rails while still leaving plenty of room for the requirements of processors and drives via the heavy 3.3V and 5V rails. While many PSU manufacturers have moved to a single 12V rail design, Sparkle Computer has implemented five 12V rails in the SCC-850AF. This is something usually reserved for high end power supplies above the 1000W mark. This is because the SCC-850AF is a derivative of their higher end Gold Class power supplies that came to market first and utilize a total of six 12V rails.
Sparkle Computer makes sure that you have plenty of options with the SCC-850AF. It has everything we look for with the exception of Over Temperature Protection. You'll be able to enjoy the benefits of sleeved modular cabling, 100% power delivery at 50C, and an 80Plus Gold rating. Topping things off, the SCC-850AF continues to operate the fan for 5-10 seconds after system shutdown to help remove extra heat within the system.
The SCC-850AF retails for $179.99 and can be found at major online stores for purchase, including Newegg. Sparkle Computer gives you a 1-year warranty on the SCC-850AF out of the box. If you register the power supply on their website, Sparkle Computer ups that warranty to 5 years. This is much better, but it would be nice if you didn't have to register for the extra four years.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Note8 to have a fingerprint sensor under the display
- OnePlus teases the OnePlus 5 color options
- ISS crew on an urgent spacewalk after equipment failure
- Far Cry 5 may have exclusive content on PS4
- Meizu launches new mid-range smartphone - the M5c
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning