Today we are continuing our look at some mainstream and entry level enthusiast power supplies. These are designed for the gamer or power user in mind that is looking to utilize multiple graphics cards as well as other higher end parts in their computer. While more power is required for these systems, perfect power delivery and a plethora of connectors are not needed as much.
The power supply on the test bench today is one of Sparkle Computer Corporation's latest and greatest. For those that haven't heard of Sparkle Computer Corp. , they've been in business for over 25 years and have primarily focused on delivering NVIDIA products. Lately they've also started delivering power supplies and they look quite promising on paper.
The model we are taking a look at today is their 850W Gold Class power supply, the SCC-850AF. It comes packed full of options at a modest price. Keep reading to find out how well the SCC-850AF performs when put through the gauntlet of tests here at TweakTown.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Sparkle Computer comes in swinging with plenty of power available from the SCC-850AF for just about any need. The full 850W of power is available on the 12V rails while still leaving plenty of room for the requirements of processors and drives via the heavy 3.3V and 5V rails. While many PSU manufacturers have moved to a single 12V rail design, Sparkle Computer has implemented five 12V rails in the SCC-850AF. This is something usually reserved for high end power supplies above the 1000W mark. This is because the SCC-850AF is a derivative of their higher end Gold Class power supplies that came to market first and utilize a total of six 12V rails.
Sparkle Computer makes sure that you have plenty of options with the SCC-850AF. It has everything we look for with the exception of Over Temperature Protection. You'll be able to enjoy the benefits of sleeved modular cabling, 100% power delivery at 50C, and an 80Plus Gold rating. Topping things off, the SCC-850AF continues to operate the fan for 5-10 seconds after system shutdown to help remove extra heat within the system.
The SCC-850AF retails for $179.99 and can be found at major online stores for purchase, including Newegg. Sparkle Computer gives you a 1-year warranty on the SCC-850AF out of the box. If you register the power supply on their website, Sparkle Computer ups that warranty to 5 years. This is much better, but it would be nice if you didn't have to register for the extra four years.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Open-source Piton CPU can scale into million-core system
- Steam allows No Man's Sky refunds regardless of playtime
- Halo 5 Forge needs 16GB of RAM for 4K at 60FPS on the PC
- Samsung's new 3440x1440 display has FreeSync and 100Hz
- PlayStation 4 with a bonus $100 gift card as Slim nears
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller