HD Tune Pro
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: measures the performance
Info: shows detailed information
Health: checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has been gaining popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
There was no question about the SoloPRO being able to outperform the first generation Solo since the interface has so much more available bandwidth. Here we see exactly how much faster eSATA is over USB 2.0.
The same is true with the write test across the disk. On average we see a three times speed increase with eSATA, but it should be closer to four times faster.
Remember back when I told you that most motherboards implementation of eSATA had a few drawbacks? - In this write performance graph we see a large area where the write speed is static from left to right. A proper graph will show the hard drive slowly winding down like it does at the end of the graph on the right side. This is caused by the eSATA bridge chip that most motherboard companies are using; generally a JMicron chip, AKA the kings of subpar performance.
If you want to get the maximum performance out of your ioSafe SoloPRO, you want to spend three Dollars and get an adapter bracket. I'm actually kind of surprised ioSafe didn't include one with the SoloPRO.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ioSafe SoloPRO]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- MIT students build Jetson TK1 racecars for final assignment
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent