So, what is our verdict on the NETGEAR Universal Wireless Adapter? It is a solid product. Now, I know what you are thinking. You are looking at the performance numbers and the 10/100 Ethernet port. Those are all valid points IF you are connecting this to a PC. But this is for a TV, a Game Console, and/or a Blu-ray player (for BD Live).
All of these devices (with the exception of the game console) are not bandwidth hogs. They are going to take up a very minimal amount of your WiFi network. Even the gaming console is not going to max things out. After all, the average connection in the US is around 6MBps with some people maxing out at 40Mbps. That is still less than half of what you can get through that 10/100 port.
So in the end, the performance is more than sufficient to handle even the needs of online console gaming. Plus, for only $59.99 at NewEgg.com , it is a pretty good deal.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss says the PS4 has a 'huge lead' over the Xbox One
- Half-Life 3 teased in a recent update to Dota 2
- Naughty Dog: around 80% of PS4 gamers 'have never played Uncharted'
- Elon Musk refers to Apple as 'Tesla's graveyard'
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- Fatal1ty Gaming K4- can't get BIOS to update
- Z170 gaming K4-DOS Bios file name more than 8 characters
- Slow performance on new RAID array after cloning old array?
- Connection questions Z170 Extreme 6+ motherboard
- Asrock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6 won't POST when loading XMP Profile for G-Skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz Black DDR4
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent