Following the success of the HCP series of power supplies, Antec is releasing the new High Current Gamer series. The HCG PSU's are available in 420W, 520W, 620W, 750W, and 900W iterations. High Current Gamer series power supplies are not as feature rich as those of their HCP brethren, but still pack plenty of punch for those not in need of top of the line enthusiast features.
Antec asked us to take a look at the HCG-750 and we were more than happy to throw it on the bench to let you know what we thought of it. Keep reading to find out how Antec's latest faired and if it provides the quality that everyone expects from Antec.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Antec uses a quad 12V rail configuration for the HCG-750 that's capable of 40A of power on each one. The total output of the power supply is 750W so you can't even come close to maxing all 12V rails out simultaneously, but it should allow for uneven loading of the rails without issue. The HCG-750 also comes with hefty 5V and 3.3V rails that will deliver a total of 150W.
Antec gave us an estimated MSRP of $149.95 for the HCG-750. Taking a look at the features list, we see that Antec has dropped the modular cabling in favor of fixed cables and also doesn't give the HCG-750 a 50C rating either. Antec instead rates the HCG series at a modest 40C. The HCG-750 packs an 80Plus Bronze efficiency rating and Antec backs all of this up by a 5-year warranty.
After speaking with Antec directly, we were told that the release as of today is an imminent release. This means that while the product is not immediately available for purchase on shop shelves and online stores, they will show up for purchase very quickly. Final units are simply sitting on pallets waiting for orders to be made so that Antec can ship them out. Expect to see them in about a week!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability & Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our 'Ghost in the Shell' Blu-ray giveaway
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Xbox worth $9 billion, 53 million Xbox LIVE users
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4