Following the success of the HCP series of power supplies, Antec is releasing the new High Current Gamer series. The HCG PSU's are available in 420W, 520W, 620W, 750W, and 900W iterations. High Current Gamer series power supplies are not as feature rich as those of their HCP brethren, but still pack plenty of punch for those not in need of top of the line enthusiast features.
Antec asked us to take a look at the HCG-750 and we were more than happy to throw it on the bench to let you know what we thought of it. Keep reading to find out how Antec's latest faired and if it provides the quality that everyone expects from Antec.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Antec uses a quad 12V rail configuration for the HCG-750 that's capable of 40A of power on each one. The total output of the power supply is 750W so you can't even come close to maxing all 12V rails out simultaneously, but it should allow for uneven loading of the rails without issue. The HCG-750 also comes with hefty 5V and 3.3V rails that will deliver a total of 150W.
Antec gave us an estimated MSRP of $149.95 for the HCG-750. Taking a look at the features list, we see that Antec has dropped the modular cabling in favor of fixed cables and also doesn't give the HCG-750 a 50C rating either. Antec instead rates the HCG series at a modest 40C. The HCG-750 packs an 80Plus Bronze efficiency rating and Antec backs all of this up by a 5-year warranty.
After speaking with Antec directly, we were told that the release as of today is an imminent release. This means that while the product is not immediately available for purchase on shop shelves and online stores, they will show up for purchase very quickly. Final units are simply sitting on pallets waiting for orders to be made so that Antec can ship them out. Expect to see them in about a week!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability & Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications