The TOXIC version of the HD 6850 was never going to be far away since AMD let partners really attack the model from day one. The card we're looking at today is impressive and for people who don't want to overclock or just want to be part of the TOXIC series from Sapphire, this is a good option.
The best thing about the TOXIC series and this card in general is the fact that Sapphire doesn't turn around and slap the TOXIC label on the card without making sure that it's going to stand out from the pack. The out of the box increase in clocks offers us a nice performance boost.
Sapphire isn't going to have any trouble selling the TOXIC series for the simple fact that the series carry with it a strong following like the Vapor-X series from Sapphire. People know that if you're buying a TOXIC card from Sapphire you're getting more than just a little speed bump, which is something we see from other companies.
The cooling isn't bad, it's probably not as good as it could've been and I think the reason for that is because we've seen so many different coolers since launch. At the same time, they had to offer something different to what they currently had on the stock HD 6850. What people will really love about the cooler is the fact that the heat is extracted straight out the case instead of just being blown around.
If you're a fan of the TOXIC series and you're looking for something to replace your HD 5830 or lower, this is going to be a great card. If you're not interested in doing the overclocking yourself this is also another great card as Sapphire has given us a nice bump in clock speeds.
We look forward to not only seeing what Sapphire does with the HD 6870, but also the HD 6900 series when it comes to market. Hopefully we see the ATOMIC name show up in the HD 6900 series early next year!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PC game release deals: Shadow Tactics + Arizona Sunshine
- Five budget laptops under $300 deals for Christmas
- PlayStation 4 breaks 50 million sales milestone
- Western Digital reveals new 12TB Helium He12 hard drives
- Tech companies team up to create Global VR Association
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel