The TOXIC version of the HD 6850 was never going to be far away since AMD let partners really attack the model from day one. The card we're looking at today is impressive and for people who don't want to overclock or just want to be part of the TOXIC series from Sapphire, this is a good option.
The best thing about the TOXIC series and this card in general is the fact that Sapphire doesn't turn around and slap the TOXIC label on the card without making sure that it's going to stand out from the pack. The out of the box increase in clocks offers us a nice performance boost.
Sapphire isn't going to have any trouble selling the TOXIC series for the simple fact that the series carry with it a strong following like the Vapor-X series from Sapphire. People know that if you're buying a TOXIC card from Sapphire you're getting more than just a little speed bump, which is something we see from other companies.
The cooling isn't bad, it's probably not as good as it could've been and I think the reason for that is because we've seen so many different coolers since launch. At the same time, they had to offer something different to what they currently had on the stock HD 6850. What people will really love about the cooler is the fact that the heat is extracted straight out the case instead of just being blown around.
If you're a fan of the TOXIC series and you're looking for something to replace your HD 5830 or lower, this is going to be a great card. If you're not interested in doing the overclocking yourself this is also another great card as Sapphire has given us a nice bump in clock speeds.
We look forward to not only seeing what Sapphire does with the HD 6870, but also the HD 6900 series when it comes to market. Hopefully we see the ATOMIC name show up in the HD 6900 series early next year!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications