If you can cope with the ZOTAC ZBOXHD-ID34BR's rather underwhelming benchmarks, you're getting a very usable, very compact HTPC with integrated Blu-ray playback for $500. While you can get a PlayStation 3 for a bit cheaper, the ZBOX is much smaller and offers far more flexibility as far as running different media servers and support for Flash-based video. This actually would make an excellent choice as an HTPC for your bedroom or office TV.
Small and handsomely designed, it will fit in just about anywhere you decide to use it. USB 3.0 connectivity and an eSATA port offer plenty of options for expanded storage or playing media from a thumb drive or external platter drive. However, given the relative scarcity of ports, we think an integrated remote control would be an excellent thing for ZOTAC to add to this system.
Overall, the HD-ID34BR performed better than the HD-ID11 we reviewed back in September, but only just. With such a small size, relatively low cost and full feature set, you will have to give up something, and that something in this case is processing power.
But if you're looking for small HTPC and don't require much in the way of lightning fast encoding, the ZOTAC ZBOXHD-ID34BR is well worth a look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Closer Look at the ZBOXHD-ID34BR-U]
- Page 3 [General Hands-On Usage and Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 64-bit]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Reports claim Apple looks to OLED screens for 2018 phone release
- Google's Nest Cam never deactivates, claims researchers
- Take an Extra 15% Off All VPNs at TweakTown Deals
- Aussie Police crack down on phone use while driving
- Viral vandalism video sees young woman 'completely humiliated'
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS