The OCZ Technology RevoDrive X2
From the PCIe connector signals are routed through a Pericom PCI-X bridge chip. From there the signal goes to a Silicon Image Sil3124 RAID controller. This setup allowed OCZ to keep the cost down while still being able to deliver very high data transfer speeds. As we have mentioned already, there are four SandForce SF-1200 controllers; two on the base card and two on the daughter board. OCZ chose Intel NAND flash memory, the same used in the Vertex 2 drives that we rave about from time to time.
Our test system picked up the RevoDrive X2 as a bootable RAID controller and we were able to install Windows on the drive after loading the Silicon Image drivers during the installation process. Since the RevoDrive X2 is based on the Silicon Image RAID controller, you have the option to go into the RAID management BIOS and configure the card several different ways. In the BIOS you can change the stripe size, use RAID 0, RAID 1 or JBOD with what would then appear as four separate 60GB SSDs. Some users may take advantage of this and use RAID 0 on three drives and use a single drive to load Windows on. The stripe size could then be used exclusively for installing programs on which would keep your Windows files separate from your installed programs.
The back side of the RevoDrive X2 is fairly uneventful other than another large block of Intel flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Tekken 7 launches June 2, 2017, has season pass
- Samsung confirms they won't unveil the S8 at MWC 2017
- White Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available very soon
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni