The Hitachi Z5K320 320GB HDD
As far as drives go the Z5K320 looks like all of the others from the front and back. The top label has all of the information you would expect it to have; model and serial number, power draw, all of it is listed on the label.
Modern drives place all of the surface mount components on the PCB towards the drive, so there isn't much to see on this side.
The side is where things get interesting. The drive on the bottom is a Hitachi 7K500, a typical 9.5mm drive. This is what you have come to know as a "standard" notebook drive. The drive on top is our Z5K320, the 7mm drive in a format that we can now call a standard as well.
Even though the Z5K320 is only 7mm's tall, it still conforms to the specifications making it capable of being installed where 9.5mm drives reside now. With netbooks quickly adapting the new 7mm standard and 9.5mm drives being too thick, we are going to see a lot more of these single platter drives hit the market since they are cheaper to build and allow netbook manufacturers to make thinner devices.
Looking at the back of the drive, we see the Z5K320 uses standard SATA power and data connections.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance