The Hitachi Z5K320 320GB HDD
As far as drives go the Z5K320 looks like all of the others from the front and back. The top label has all of the information you would expect it to have; model and serial number, power draw, all of it is listed on the label.
Modern drives place all of the surface mount components on the PCB towards the drive, so there isn't much to see on this side.
The side is where things get interesting. The drive on the bottom is a Hitachi 7K500, a typical 9.5mm drive. This is what you have come to know as a "standard" notebook drive. The drive on top is our Z5K320, the 7mm drive in a format that we can now call a standard as well.
Even though the Z5K320 is only 7mm's tall, it still conforms to the specifications making it capable of being installed where 9.5mm drives reside now. With netbooks quickly adapting the new 7mm standard and 9.5mm drives being too thick, we are going to see a lot more of these single platter drives hit the market since they are cheaper to build and allow netbook manufacturers to make thinner devices.
Looking at the back of the drive, we see the Z5K320 uses standard SATA power and data connections.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple rumored to consider purchasing Disney
- In Win launches X-Frame 2.0, tou 2.0 Signature chassis
- Uber suspends self-driving car tech after Arizona crash
- GIGABYTE's new Z270X-Designare looks absolutely AMAZING
- Set sail with 'Moana' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse