The 7mm market is still in its infancy. When you put it on a timeline the 7mm category is actually newer than solid state drives. The underlying technology behind these 7mm drives is tried and true, a traditional HDD in its simplest form. Hitachi has hit the ground running and isn't standing still with just one offering in this new category, which is good for consumers looking for a way to speed up their netbooks.
With that said, Netbook users aren't the only ones to benefit from the new 7mm form factor. The drives are being sold at very low prices so anyone with a need for more storage at a low cost can get in the action as well. Looking back, I wish I would have taken a closer look at Seagate's Momentus Thin when I had the opportunity so I would have performance data on hand for this article.
As it sits now, Hitachi is the one company offering a 7mm drive that is larger than 250GB. If you are more worried about performance rather than capacity, Hitachi is also the only company offering a 7,200 RPM 7mm drive as well and it also can be purchased with 320GB of storage capacity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives