The 7mm market is still in its infancy. When you put it on a timeline the 7mm category is actually newer than solid state drives. The underlying technology behind these 7mm drives is tried and true, a traditional HDD in its simplest form. Hitachi has hit the ground running and isn't standing still with just one offering in this new category, which is good for consumers looking for a way to speed up their netbooks.
With that said, Netbook users aren't the only ones to benefit from the new 7mm form factor. The drives are being sold at very low prices so anyone with a need for more storage at a low cost can get in the action as well. Looking back, I wish I would have taken a closer look at Seagate's Momentus Thin when I had the opportunity so I would have performance data on hand for this article.
As it sits now, Hitachi is the one company offering a 7mm drive that is larger than 250GB. If you are more worried about performance rather than capacity, Hitachi is also the only company offering a 7,200 RPM 7mm drive as well and it also can be purchased with 320GB of storage capacity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 images leak ahead of launch at MWC
- Qualcomm leads 5G tech race, multi-Gbps speeds are close
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X20 LTE modem, up to 1.2Gbps
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700X spotted in detail
- NVIDIA's next-gen Volta GPU turns up in latest drivers
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league