The 7mm market is still in its infancy. When you put it on a timeline the 7mm category is actually newer than solid state drives. The underlying technology behind these 7mm drives is tried and true, a traditional HDD in its simplest form. Hitachi has hit the ground running and isn't standing still with just one offering in this new category, which is good for consumers looking for a way to speed up their netbooks.
With that said, Netbook users aren't the only ones to benefit from the new 7mm form factor. The drives are being sold at very low prices so anyone with a need for more storage at a low cost can get in the action as well. Looking back, I wish I would have taken a closer look at Seagate's Momentus Thin when I had the opportunity so I would have performance data on hand for this article.
As it sits now, Hitachi is the one company offering a 7mm drive that is larger than 250GB. If you are more worried about performance rather than capacity, Hitachi is also the only company offering a 7,200 RPM 7mm drive as well and it also can be purchased with 320GB of storage capacity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss says the PS4 has a 'huge lead' over the Xbox One
- Half-Life 3 teased in a recent update to Dota 2
- Naughty Dog: around 80% of PS4 gamers 'have never played Uncharted'
- Elon Musk refers to Apple as 'Tesla's graveyard'
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- Z170 gaming K4-DOS Bios file name more than 8 characters
- Slow performance on new RAID array after cloning old array?
- Connection questions Z170 Extreme 6+ motherboard
- Asrock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6 won't POST when loading XMP Profile for G-Skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz Black DDR4
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent