Inside the Box
Popping the top of the box open, we can see the user manual sitting on top of the foam that surrounds the power supply. It is well protected and shouldn't suffer any damage from shipping and/or handling.
Taking the foam off the top half of the power supply gives us our first real glimpse of the power supply.
Pulling the GS800 out of the box lets us see the nice high contrast logo on the side that will be visible once mounted inside the case. The same logo is also displayed on the other side and is upside down so that it is displayed correctly in BTX cases. We also get a good look of the massive bundle of hardwired cables. It makes you wonder how we ever did without modular cabling.
The back of the GS800 features the typical honeycomb grill with an on/off switch. The extra switch controls the illumination on the tri-color LED fan.
On the bottom of the power supply we can see the 140mm fan and wire grill.
Corsair has located the specification label to the top of the power supply.
Normally we find a grommet of some sort where the wires exit the power supply, but this isn't the case with the GS800. I guess this is one of those additional features that the GS800 lacks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook