Inside the Box
Popping the top of the box open, we can see the user manual sitting on top of the foam that surrounds the power supply. It is well protected and shouldn't suffer any damage from shipping and/or handling.
Taking the foam off the top half of the power supply gives us our first real glimpse of the power supply.
Pulling the GS800 out of the box lets us see the nice high contrast logo on the side that will be visible once mounted inside the case. The same logo is also displayed on the other side and is upside down so that it is displayed correctly in BTX cases. We also get a good look of the massive bundle of hardwired cables. It makes you wonder how we ever did without modular cabling.
The back of the GS800 features the typical honeycomb grill with an on/off switch. The extra switch controls the illumination on the tri-color LED fan.
On the bottom of the power supply we can see the 140mm fan and wire grill.
Corsair has located the specification label to the top of the power supply.
Normally we find a grommet of some sort where the wires exit the power supply, but this isn't the case with the GS800. I guess this is one of those additional features that the GS800 lacks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4