- Test System
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz (18x133)
Motherboard: Abit SR7-8X (SiS648), Albatron PX845E Pro II (i845E)
Memory: OCZ 256MB PC2700
Video Card: MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster Audigy Platinum eX
Hard Disk: Seagate 40GB 7200RPM
Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional SP2
Drivers: nVidia DetonatorXP v40.01, DirectX 8.1
Software Used: PCMark2002, Unreal Tournament 2003, SiSoft Sandra 2002, 3DMark2001 SE, Quake III Arena, Content Creation Winstone 2001, Business Winstone 2001
Results - SiSoft Sandra 2002
SiSoft Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) 2002 is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
As expected, all three boards performed virtually identically in the CPU benchmark, however, when we take a look at the memory benchmark we see the SiS648 chipset pull quite far ahead. This is due to the fact that the SiS648 supports DDR333 memory, while the i845D/E chipsets only support DDR266. If the Albatron PX845E board was overclocked to run at DDR333 memory speeds, the FSB would have to be adjusted which would also overclock the CPU, PCI and AGP bus, making it an uneven playing field.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit SR7-8X - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit SR7-8X - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit SR7-8X - Page 3 [Package, Layout & Features]
- Abit SR7-8X - Page 4 [Test System & SiSoft Sandra]
- Abit SR7-8X - Page 5 [System Productivity]
- Abit SR7-8X - Page 6 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Abit SR7-8X - Page 7 [Overclocking & Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines