SiS has historically been known for their excellent OEM and budget products, however, they have recently entered the high-end enthusiast market as well and have since gained quite a positive reputation amongst the enthusiast community. Their SiS645/DX chipset was the first to bring DDR333 memory support to the Pentium 4 and at the time of its release, was the fastest P4 chipset available. Naturally, we were quite excited when we received the Abit SR7-8X motherboard, based on SiS's latest Pentium 4 chipset, the SiS648.
The SiS648 chipset is essentially the same as the SiS645DX, however, it adds a number of new features such as AGP 8x, a tweaked memory controller and USB 2.0. We have already discussed the SiS648 chipset in great detail in our 533FSB Pentium 4 Chipset Shootout, so we will not be going into too much detail here other than regarding the board itself.
Is the Abit SR78X worthy of your hard earn dollars? And more importantly, how does it compare against competing chipsets on the market? Read on to find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit SR7-8X - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit SR7-8X - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit SR7-8X - Page 3 [Package, Layout & Features]
- Abit SR7-8X - Page 4 [Test System & SiSoft Sandra]
- Abit SR7-8X - Page 5 [System Productivity]
- Abit SR7-8X - Page 6 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Abit SR7-8X - Page 7 [Overclocking & Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tech companies team up to create Global VR Association
- Final Fantasy XV to get free major content updates
- Final Fantasy XV reportedly coming to PC in 2018
- Faraday Future unveils its first electric car next month
- Nintendo Switch switches to full 1080p while docked
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel