The Rampage series of motherboards is a very solid line. We have taken a look at all of them now. From the Extreme to the Gene; they are all great products. The Rampage III Formula is no exception. We found it easy to use and quite agile when it came to performance.
On the overclocking side of things we had some odd results. For some reason we had incorrect readings from two different tests that gave an impression that when overclocked the RIIIF lost both memory and HDD performance. Fortunately for us we do not rely on synthetic tests alone and quickly found out that the RIIIF is more than capable of performing when overclocked. Our 4.41GHz clock is one of the best ones that we have gotten on our Core i7 980X.
But the RIIIF is not just about overclocking; ASUS has made sure to throw in features for the gamers out there. These are items like the SoundBlaster X-Fi audio software as well as the Game First QoS management tool. When you add these with the remote overclocking tools and excellent component choices, it really does add up to the $299.99 price tag from NewEgg.com.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives