Everest Random Access Time
Everest Ultimate and Corporate Edition offer several different benchmarks for testing and optimizing your system or network. The Random Access test is one of very few if not only that will measure hard drives random access times in hundredths of milliseconds as oppose to tens of milliseconds.
Drives with only one or two tests displayed in write the write test mean that they have failed the test and their Maximum and possibly their Average Scores were very high after the cached fills. This usually happens only with controllers manufactured by JMicron.
The lower the access time, the faster a drive feels. The average access time of the Hitachi 7K500 and the Seagate Momentus XT are nearly identical. The peak access time is a little higher on the 7K500, but not enough to notice.
The Western Digital Scorpio Blue had a little issue with this test, so its results didn't make the cut. The real battle here is the 7K500 and the XT anyhow, so we aren't losing much. Here we see that the XT has a slight advantage over the 7K500.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [The Hitachi 7K500 500GB HDD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HP's 4K FreeSync monitor 'Envy' revealed
- Fly the Small But Mighty SKEYE Pico Drone
- CS:GO is majorly dysfunctional for Australians and in New Zealanders
- Synology teases new OS for its NAS range, Apple Watch app for 2016
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio