Everest Random Access Time
Everest Ultimate and Corporate Edition offer several different benchmarks for testing and optimizing your system or network. The Random Access test is one of very few if not only that will measure hard drives random access times in hundredths of milliseconds as oppose to tens of milliseconds.
Drives with only one or two tests displayed in write the write test mean that they have failed the test and their Maximum and possibly their Average Scores were very high after the cached fills. This usually happens only with controllers manufactured by JMicron.
The lower the access time, the faster a drive feels. The average access time of the Hitachi 7K500 and the Seagate Momentus XT are nearly identical. The peak access time is a little higher on the 7K500, but not enough to notice.
The Western Digital Scorpio Blue had a little issue with this test, so its results didn't make the cut. The real battle here is the 7K500 and the XT anyhow, so we aren't losing much. Here we see that the XT has a slight advantage over the 7K500.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [The Hitachi 7K500 500GB HDD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC's new Sonix PCIe 480GB SSD reads at 2.8GB/sec
- Halloween Sale: Under $7 for Evil Within & Mad Max
- ZOTAC's new mini PC packs full-sized GeForce GTX 1080
- Brand new Intel Kaby Lake HP laptops, up to $510 Off
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards