Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Accelero XTREME Plus from Arctic Cooling consists of 84 aluminum fins surrounding five 6mm heatpipes. These heatpipes are soldered to the cooler base and again to the aluminum pre-cooler that is above the base. The fins are pressed onto the fins and are 0.3mm thick. The fins in the pre-cooler run in an opposing direction and are just over 1mm thick. The cooler and fans together weigh 622 grams, and that is without the heatsinks. The AC Accelero XTREME Plus is a long cooler measuring in at 290mm (11.4") and is 56mm (2.2") thick, taking up a full three slots in your case.
To cool the 84 fins of the XTREME Plus, AC has added three 92mm fans for the task. These fans come with eleven curved, white blades to offer the best potential flow from each blade as it makes a revolution. The fan has potential to be dead silent with a 900 RPM operation or with just a touch more noise you can run the fans at 2000 RPM producing up to 82 CFM across all three fans. The connection provided will plug into the cards fan header, or with an adapter can be powered via a Molex. With the 120mm length of the fan lead, getting it on the card isn't an issue, but hiding it once the adapter is on may be a bit tougher.
Compatibility is quite wide with this cooler; out of the box the AC Accelero XTREME Plus can fit on twelve different VGAs. With kits that can be purchased separately the compatibility extends to a total of twenty-one cards this will fit. Just be sure that if you want heatsinks, you order the VR001 kit for your card if it is listed on the package. If your card is not listed on the package, don't worry, there are still four other kits to make for a perfect fit to the card you own.
Finding the Accelero XTREME Plus VGA cooler isn't all that hard, but there are only a couple of reputable names in the pages of hits found on the internet. If you don't mind shopping off of Ebay, I found a version for as little as $56, but there was no kit availability. Shopping around a bit more, I found the average pricing is right around the MSRP of $65.95 with kits running you just less than $7. So if you want memory heatsinks, or your card requires you to cool the power management area, you will need to dig into your wallet for just about $72, plus a little for shipping. So for around $80 to get one to your door with the appropriate kit, let's get down to business and see how well the new AC cooler performs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Razer launches new Nabu smartband wearable during PAX Prime
- Xbox One Mini isn't real, says Phil Spencer
- Marvel Studios founder to bring Borderlands to the big screen
- ASUS starts teasing the ROG MATRIX video cards are on their way
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20