From the Front
The PC6089 has the rather specked looking acrylic door which adds to the looks of this casing. There are other models in the same series (6087, 6099) which are physically the same but just change the colors.
As you can see, the front door has a kind of frosting which covers the area where the 5.25" external bays are. It almost masks the drive area, so we can get away with using our boring beige CD drives without spoiling the look of the unit.
The 3.5" drive bays aren't covered in this way, thus the need for the stick on covers mentioned earlier. There are also the two blue strips on either side of the 5.25" bays that have LED's in them that emit light through them!
The front USB ports are, of course, USB 2.0 compatible and unlike other Lian Li models, they are permanently exposed rather than behind a flip down panel. Instead, there is a semi-circular cutout in the acrylic door to facilitate the use of them with the door closed.
The usual ventilation holes in the front bezel are gone in the PC6089. The door arrangement needed a complete front bezel redesign and the result is that the intake for the front fans is now on the underside of the case. Also unlike other models, the bezel is not easily removable due to the mounts for the front door.
As is the norm now for Lian Li, the LED's are oval shaped and are high intensity units in blue (power) and red (HDD). These babies are bright enough on their own to shine a beam to the opposite wall of a small room!
Also present is the speed controller for the front fans. This is a feature that most of Lian Li's cases have, but the switch is usually located behind the front bezel. Due to the difficulty in getting the PC6089's bezel off, the switch has been relocated for easy access. Maybe they'll start to include this in all future models!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Lian Li PC6089 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Lian Li PC6089 - Page 2 [Specifications and Box]
- Lian Li PC6089 - Page 3 [From the Front]
- Lian Li PC6089 - Page 4 [The Sides]
- Lian Li PC6089 - Page 5 [The Top]
- Lian Li PC6089 - Page 6 [The Rear]
- Lian Li PC6089 - Page 7 [The Interior]
- Lian Li PC6089 - Page 8 [Putting it to Use]
- Lian Li PC6089 - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn is 'best' 4K game on PS4 Pro so far
- Nintendo Switch has 25.9 GB available memory, OS is 4GB
- GDC 2017 tease Ghost Recon Wildlands technology video
- GTX 1080 Ti teased in Halo Wars 2 official requirements
- 'Terminator 2' 3D cinema re-release set for Judgment Day
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league