Lantic bring us another HD 6870 that's worth owning. At the moment there's very little between all brands and that really means outside of the bundle coming with nothing, it's easy to recommend most versions of the card we're looking at.
Paired with another HD 6870 the Lantic goes strong in Crossfire; that for us isn't much of a surprise since we've looked at stock Crossfire results for the HD 6870 already. More importantly, though, it goes really well when overclocked.
We aim to break two numbers when we benchmark. If we're able to extract a minimum, we want 30 FPS. If we're not able to get a minimum, the number we're looking for is 60 FPS. With VSYNC on you'll have a good gaming experience with a 60 FPS average on most LCD screens from a pure frame rate point of view. We won't get into input lag, ghosting or anything like that.
It's important to know that every test we ran today we would consider playable and that includes those tests that have been causing havoc on our test bed and the cards that have sat in it. Since we introduced the new benchmark line up, Aliens vs Predator and Lost Planet 2 at 2560 x 1600 and Aliens vs Predator at 1920 x 1200 with 4x AA hadn't been able to break the 60 FPS mark. Today we saw all three of those tests hit 60 FPS and yes, while we might be just on the mark, it's still very impressive.
Seeing this today has to make you excited about what the HD 6900 series is going to bring to the table. It's looking like AMD has a very strong line up here and it's going to be interesting to see how NVIDIA respond, but more importantly, what NVIDIA respond to.
Lantic has got a nice HD 6870 here and show us when combined with another and overclocked just what kind of performance you can get out of this model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel scrambles, emails tech media over Ryzen reviews
- Qualcomm Snapdragon X50: supporting 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G
- Shadow of Mordor sequel leaked
- PlayStation VR sells 915,000 units since launch
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand
- Introducing LG XPower2 with high capacity battery designed for demanding users
- Enjoy incredible performance of AMD RYZEN with BIOSTAR X370GT5 motherboard
- COLORFUL introduces iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G Advanced video card
- Team Group introduces its fastest SSD for gamers with T-FORCE CARDEA M.2 SSD