Looking at the card, it follows the reference design which comes as no surprise since currently they're all made by AMD. We've got two 6-Pin PCI-E power connectors at the top of the card along with a single CrossFire connector.
When you take the card out of the package you see Lantic has included a number of little protectors on all the connectors. We've seen companies do this in the past, but we've even got little ones on the Mini DP ports here.
Connectivity also holds no surprises with a Single-Link and Dual-Link DVI connector along with a HDMI port and two mini 1.2 DP ports.
Being a reference designed card, we also see reference clock speeds which put the core at 900MHz and the 1GB of GDDR5 memory at 4200MHz QDR. Of course, we mentioned that we are overclocking the card today and while we hoped to have used Sapphires new TRIXX overclocking software which allowed us to use Voltage, when we fired up the program and changed anything we would get a hard lock on the system. Currently the program is still in Beta mode, so we're sure it's something they'll fix before it goes to the public.
What this meant, though, was that we had to go back to old faithful; MSI Afterburner which didn't allow us to adjust the voltage of the card, so for that reason we didn't think our overclock would be as strong; and it wasn't.
Still, we ended up with some nice clocks. The core got up to 970MHz on both cards and we rounded the memory off to a nicer sounding 4400MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.