Package and Contents
The Sabertooth X58 comes in a box that suggests an industrial design. The box has been given a look of brushed steel and a new logo (Ultimate Force). The look is clean, if somewhat cheesy.
Under the metallic front there is the obligatory front flap (after all, any box that has an artistic front is wasting valuable marketing space). This has information on what the Sabertooth brings to the table.
Although many of these items are a given (MemOK!, SATA 3.0 USB 3.0), some pique our curiosity like the CeraM!X (nothing like a little leetspeak) coating and the TUF Components. We will be taking a look at these a little better later in the review.
The back of the box is a continuation of the inside flap. Here you find a nice shot of the board with a basic specs sheet to the right of the image.
Inside the box is a rather limited amount of loot, but then again, this is much more of a value based industrial product, so the fancy trappings are probably not needed.
One item in particular caught our attention, though; this is a card listing the testing done on three of the main components of the board; the capacitors, chokes and MOSFETs (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor). This card contains the actual MIL-STD (military standard) test used for each simulated load. At the bottom of the card is also the certification number for the testing lab used. In this case, Integrated Service Technology.
This is not a press only card like we have seen on other products, but a card that anyone buying this board will get. It is a nice touch even if the numbers and test types will mean little to most people.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform