Intel Pentium 4 overclocking I imagine would be new to many, so I will briefly explain how I overclocked a Pentium 4 with the Global Win Pentium 4 heatsink. Intel Australia kindly provided us with a Intel Pentium 4 1.5Ghz system to review. Naturally, as soon as the system booted up I tried to access the BIOS to overclock the processor. No luck... I later figured out (thanks to Michael Hughes from Overclockers Melbourne) that on the Intel Desktop Board D850GB motherboard there are a set of jumpers called BIOS Setup Configuration Jumper Block, setting this jumper to 2-3 enables Configure Mode which let's you access the BIOS only. Once you have finished in the BIOS you have to change the jumper back to 1-2 which is Normal Mode which allows you to boot into Windows or which ever operating system you use. The Intel Desktop Board D850GB motherboard has a lack of overclocking option, you are unable to change the FSB or Multiplier individually, there are a set of preset clock speeds from 1.3Ghz to 1.8GHz in 0.1GHz increments. With no voltage options, period, I was unable to up the clock speed any higher than 1.6GHz, or is the Intel Pentium 4 1.5GHz processor is limited to that speed? After setting the clock speed to 1.7Ghz and 1.8GHz it would boot up at only 1.6Ghz which seemed strange. This leads me to believe that the motherboard can only handle a maximum clock speed of 1.6GHz, I'm yet to prove this. Here is a screenshot of WCPUID with further details...
I should also mention that I could reach 1.6GHz with the Intel stock cooler. The Pentium 4 stock heatsink is by far the most impressive heatsink I have seen from Intel, the base is pure copper with the fins above being made of an aluminum type material. Here is a picture of the Intel stock cooler minus the fan...
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 changelog site launched
- Tales of Symphonia mod fixes stuttering, resolution issues
- ViewSonic's 4K FreeSync capable gaming monitor now available
- FCC filing confirms 3600mAh battery for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Voice dictation coming to Apple TV
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance