The Intel Pentium 4 processor is still new and far too expensive for most consumer level users because of the upgrades you are forced to make when upgrading to the new processor. Already, Global Win a company known for producing top quality heatsinks for all types of processors have released one of the first heatsinks to the market designed solely for the new Intel Pentium 4 (Socket-423) processor with official support up to 1.5Ghz. The Intel Pentium 4 is already a fast processor even though all it's new instructions are not yet utilized fully. We were lent an Intel Pentium 4 1.5Ghz system from Intel Australia to review for a couple months (quite frankly there'd be no chance of me buying a Pentium 4 at the moment, considering the cost), using this new Global Win heatsink we were able to clock the processor up to 1.6Ghz (1600MHz for the uneducated) after gaining access to what I thought was a locked BIOS on the Intel Desktop Board D850GB motherboard. Unfortunately, this was the only Pentium 4 motherboard we had to test with the Global Win heatsink to see how high we could clock up the Pentium 4 processor. Possibly, with a different motherboard based on the Intel 850 chipset we could have reached higher clock speeds, this is yet to be proved. Anyway, in the "labs" today we have the new Global Win P4 heatsink...
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99