Working with the X58 Extreme6 was pretty simple. The layout is clean enough that we had no issues getting everything setup and installed. The only problem that I personally had with the system was the sheer amount of shovelware that comes with the full installer. For some reason it pushed a ton of items onto the desktop. Even at 1920x1080 resolution we had a full column of icons right from a fresh install! Some of these do not need to be desktop icons at all.
We also were not happy to find that much of the "value" bundle only comprised demos or trial versions of software. I hate to say it, but the installation of something that has limited use is not a value; it is much more of an annoyance. True, there are a lot of items there, but I would rather have one full version of a really good piece of software than five trial versions.
Most consumers are going to feel the same way, so I think ASRock could do better here. After we got past the issues with the shovelware and bundled software, we quickly had things moving.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand