Package and Contents
The box on the X58 Extreme6 still uses that annoying reflective material. For the most part this will not prevent someone from buying the board, but it can make the information on the box difficult to read in the wrong lighting.
The front of the box has some interesting information and more than a few indicators that ASRock is trying to compete directly with. Well, you can tell who they are going head to head with by the "True 333" logo. We also find that the "6" in Extreme6 stand for "6 core CPU, 6 SATA 3.0 and 6 USB 3.0". The rest of the information is fluff along with one ad for an optional item (Turn your iPhone into a Wii controller).
The back of the box contains more information on features and a rehash of that ad for the ASRock AIW. I am not sure why this is there, if that option is not included. I could not find the software, a link to how to get it on iTunes or anything other than a link to ASRock's site inside the box. To me this is a tiny bit annoying.
Inside the box is a nice assortment of goodies. You have a Tri SLI bridge along with the standard SLI Bridge (although no Crossfire Bridge). You also have an extra USB 3.0 bracket. This can be mounted inside a 3.5-inch bay or you can use the included tang and place it in one of the peripheral slots on the back of your system.
Also inside the box is the board itself; covered in stickers to let you know all the things you might have missed on the outside. Personally I do not like the inclusion of stickers on the boards, as I have seen them leave residue on the ports.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- EVGA will soon be entering the enthusiast gaming notebook market
- NVIDIA GRID 2.0 will be powered by Maxwell-based Tesla M60, Tesla M6
- Intel will be pushing eDRAM into its Iris and Iris Pro graphics
- Intel calls their new Skylake CPUs their 'best CPU ever'
- ASRock unveils the H2R, a Chromecast-like HDMI dongle
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015