Package and Contents
The box on the X58 Extreme6 still uses that annoying reflective material. For the most part this will not prevent someone from buying the board, but it can make the information on the box difficult to read in the wrong lighting.
The front of the box has some interesting information and more than a few indicators that ASRock is trying to compete directly with. Well, you can tell who they are going head to head with by the "True 333" logo. We also find that the "6" in Extreme6 stand for "6 core CPU, 6 SATA 3.0 and 6 USB 3.0". The rest of the information is fluff along with one ad for an optional item (Turn your iPhone into a Wii controller).
The back of the box contains more information on features and a rehash of that ad for the ASRock AIW. I am not sure why this is there, if that option is not included. I could not find the software, a link to how to get it on iTunes or anything other than a link to ASRock's site inside the box. To me this is a tiny bit annoying.
Inside the box is a nice assortment of goodies. You have a Tri SLI bridge along with the standard SLI Bridge (although no Crossfire Bridge). You also have an extra USB 3.0 bracket. This can be mounted inside a 3.5-inch bay or you can use the included tang and place it in one of the peripheral slots on the back of your system.
Also inside the box is the board itself; covered in stickers to let you know all the things you might have missed on the outside. Personally I do not like the inclusion of stickers on the boards, as I have seen them leave residue on the ports.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Magic Leap and Virtuix are the newest members of the ESA
- Opera receives $1.2 billion bid from Chinese consortium
- Filming on 'Star Wars Episode VIII' kicks off
- Analyst expects mobile app store revenue to hit $100 billion by 2020
- Unity announces SteamVR support, now works on the HTC Vive
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance