Package and Contents
The box on the X58 Extreme6 still uses that annoying reflective material. For the most part this will not prevent someone from buying the board, but it can make the information on the box difficult to read in the wrong lighting.
The front of the box has some interesting information and more than a few indicators that ASRock is trying to compete directly with. Well, you can tell who they are going head to head with by the "True 333" logo. We also find that the "6" in Extreme6 stand for "6 core CPU, 6 SATA 3.0 and 6 USB 3.0". The rest of the information is fluff along with one ad for an optional item (Turn your iPhone into a Wii controller).
The back of the box contains more information on features and a rehash of that ad for the ASRock AIW. I am not sure why this is there, if that option is not included. I could not find the software, a link to how to get it on iTunes or anything other than a link to ASRock's site inside the box. To me this is a tiny bit annoying.
Inside the box is a nice assortment of goodies. You have a Tri SLI bridge along with the standard SLI Bridge (although no Crossfire Bridge). You also have an extra USB 3.0 bracket. This can be mounted inside a 3.5-inch bay or you can use the included tang and place it in one of the peripheral slots on the back of your system.
Also inside the box is the board itself; covered in stickers to let you know all the things you might have missed on the outside. Personally I do not like the inclusion of stickers on the boards, as I have seen them leave residue on the ports.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS