It seems ATi has basically kept the same layout/color scheme as the last generation of ATi cards. Basically, you have your big 9700 Pro sign on most of the front. On the left side you have a quick outline of a few features on this card. On the bottom of this box you have your system requirements needed to run this card.
The back of the box is quite interesting. Most of it is covered with Radeon 9700 features. The three things listed and described are: Fastest 3D gaming performance, highest level of realism and revolutionary new video features. On the right you see all the key features listed as well as what ATi offers when you purchase there products.
Is everyone expecting the same look, HSF, card layout etc. as the previous Radeon? Are you guys just going to skip this part because you thing it's the same old ATi story? You're wrong, read on.
I'm assuming everyone sees some differences already? One big change to the design of the card is the color. This makes it look much more rich and beautiful. Especially when you have a window in your case, it's nice to have a good looking card.
One thing to notice is that little connector in the top right of the card. That is used to power this hungry 9700 Pro using your power supply. Doesn't this remind you of that Voodoo 5 series?
There is one big change ATi has made on their new line of graphic cards, the HSF. As you can see, this newly designed HSF has a bigger cooling surface, better fan etc. Is this because ATi is looking out for the overclockers out there? No it's because this 9700 Pro chip is still based on the 0.15 micron which creates quite a bit of heat when clocked as high as the 9700 is.
The 9700 Pro uses a new breed of memory chips. On past ATi cards, you were used to seeing Hyundai chips, but this time ATi has opted for Samsung. Samsung has some great memory and we all know how much they overclock!
The back of the card is just like your typical video card, just with that beautiful Red PCB. As you can see, memory chips are scattered on the left and top part of the card.
Above, you see the back panel of the card. Starting from the left you have your VGA 15-pin connector, your video out connector and finally your DVI connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 3 [Architecture]
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 4 [The Visual Aspect]
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 5 [Video Aspect]
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 6 [Packaging/Layout]
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 7 [Testing]
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 8 [AA/AF Performance]
- ATi 9700 Pro - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The World of 'Warcraft' comes to Blu-ray, 4K in September
- Windows 10 will cost $119 after free upgrade expires
- Hacker uncovers Vine source code, Twitter pays him $10,080
- Nexus, Android One phones updated with spam caller protection
- Run Windows natively on Mac and Linux without the hassle
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio