The ineo Technology USB 3.0 External HDD Module
Here we see the entire package laid out. As mentioned previously, there is a small adapter module, USB 3.0 cable and a pouch that holds the drive and module.
To keep the module small a mini USB 3.0 plug was used. You connect this side to your PC.
Your SATA 2.5" hard drive connects to this side. Since USB 3.0 has more power than USB 2.0, you will be fine using this product with any USB 3.0 port. Things start to get sketchy when dealing with USB 2.0 and some 2.5" platter drives may have issues when using this product with USB 2.0 ports.
This last week I observed a situation similar and the drive would not work correctly when connected to a Dell desktop system.
Here we see one of our Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB drives attached to the ineo module.
Above we see the entire system put together with the drive and module inside the pouch. You get around 10 inches of cable. Until we see more front mounted USB 3.0 connectors, this length will mean users have to reach around their case to plug the drive in to get USB 3.0 connectivity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Valve kicks off its stealth-themed Steam sale, with 64 games on sale
- Blizzard will show more from 'Overwatch' on Thursday
- Region coding removed from UltraHD Blu-ray spec
- We've seen it all - there are now SSD water blocks
- Black Ops 3 campaign lets you fast-forward right to the end
- Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Fans are always at 100%
- ASRock Fatal1ty x99x killer not booting up
- H97M - Gaming 3 stuck at "Entering setup
- Cougar 550M Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Can't overclock i7-5775C
- Giada Brightens up GITEX 2015 with Ultimate Digital Signage Mini PCs and Server
- Shuttle Announces the XS35V5 and XS36V5 Small Form Factor Computers
- Lexar Also Announces Professional 3600x and 3500x CFast 2.0 Cards
- Lexar Introduces New Professional 2933x XQD 2.0 Card
- Lexar Also Announces the 128GB Variant of Professional 2000x SDXC UHS-II Card