Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W; whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are equal to the SilverStone ST1000-P PSU, we can test it to the maximum.
As you can see from the charts above, the SilverStone ST1000-P absolutely excelled in our tests. The voltage regulation is impeccable all the way across the board on what most would say borders on perfection. The 3.3V rail is rock solid at a steady 3.37V and the 5V and 5VSB rails barely change at all. Only the -12V rail showed any significant signs of voltage variation, but even it still stays well within specifications. As far as performance is concerned, one simply couldn't ask for anything better.
As I stated at the beginning of this article, SilverStone is well known for their quality power supplies. Their ST1000-P is no exception and performs better than any other PSU I've tested to date. It's good to see a product that stands behind a company's claims of quality and design. Silverstone has scored big with the ST1000-P.
Buyers themselves also score big with the ST1000-P as it offers something exceptional for what you spend on it. The performance alone is well worth the cost of the ST1000-P which is also competitively priced amongst similar units. Adding in the 3 year warranty, the option for shorter cables if needed, relatively high efficiency and some included cable management just seals the deal to where you can't go wrong at all with the SilverStone ST1000-P.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017