AVA used a double box method and the outside package was as large as what we would see if receiving a full size tower computer.
After digging through the layers of foam, bubble wrap and peanuts, we ended up with a motherboard box filled with accessories and the standard Chenbro box used to ship the chassis to manufacturers.
Inside the Chenbro package was our server with an extra layer of protection.
AVADirect does a very good job of protecting their products during shipping. We found that the server is at least ten inches away from the outside of the package in all directions.
Inside the motherboard package we found several accessories. Included were the drive discs for the motherboard and Highpoint RocketRAID controller, a set of keys for locking the front of the server, a DVI to VGA Adapter (that you will need), the antenna for WiFi connectivity, several manuals and finally the external power supply that is used to provide power to the server.
With the power supply on the outside of the server, users will not need to worry about the additional heat generated by the PSU. We actually really liked this feature.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The AVADirect Custom Small Business Server]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD