Turning to the installation process now and the first thing to consider is which version of Windows your system is running. Support is listed for most recent iterations according to the brief. The card will need one PCI 2.0 or higher slot as well as about 60MB of HDD space.
There is an option for internal connection of an analog cable from the ROM drive to the sound card. However, this cable must be supplied by the user as ASUS doesn't include it with the card.
Once everything is booted up, running the small driver file is a breeze. Following a final reboot will be the appearance of the Xonar audio deck.
The Xonar deck included with the DG is much the same as it's always been as far as we can tell, except for the mandatory name change of the home screen.
As with every Xonar we have tested, this one was technically flawless with no noticeable/tangible abnormal functioning by either the card itself, or by the driver software.
We would imagine everything to be up and running within a few minutes. One last thing, though, which is to fill those colorful jacks on the front with some audio equipment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oceanhorn hit record sales, teases Switch development
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system