Turning to the installation process now and the first thing to consider is which version of Windows your system is running. Support is listed for most recent iterations according to the brief. The card will need one PCI 2.0 or higher slot as well as about 60MB of HDD space.
There is an option for internal connection of an analog cable from the ROM drive to the sound card. However, this cable must be supplied by the user as ASUS doesn't include it with the card.
Once everything is booted up, running the small driver file is a breeze. Following a final reboot will be the appearance of the Xonar audio deck.
The Xonar deck included with the DG is much the same as it's always been as far as we can tell, except for the mandatory name change of the home screen.
As with every Xonar we have tested, this one was technically flawless with no noticeable/tangible abnormal functioning by either the card itself, or by the driver software.
We would imagine everything to be up and running within a few minutes. One last thing, though, which is to fill those colorful jacks on the front with some audio equipment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20