Turning to the installation process now and the first thing to consider is which version of Windows your system is running. Support is listed for most recent iterations according to the brief. The card will need one PCI 2.0 or higher slot as well as about 60MB of HDD space.
There is an option for internal connection of an analog cable from the ROM drive to the sound card. However, this cable must be supplied by the user as ASUS doesn't include it with the card.
Once everything is booted up, running the small driver file is a breeze. Following a final reboot will be the appearance of the Xonar audio deck.
The Xonar deck included with the DG is much the same as it's always been as far as we can tell, except for the mandatory name change of the home screen.
As with every Xonar we have tested, this one was technically flawless with no noticeable/tangible abnormal functioning by either the card itself, or by the driver software.
We would imagine everything to be up and running within a few minutes. One last thing, though, which is to fill those colorful jacks on the front with some audio equipment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Your Photos Are Never Going to Be the Same
- PlayStation VR has 'overwhelming' conversion rate, says Sony
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent