The ineo Technology USB 3.0 Docking station was a well thought out product. Many users could benefit from having such a device planted on their desk. We did run into two issues that may affect the user experience. The first issue was the length of the USB 3.0 cable; some users may need a longer cable so they can easily move their computer out from under their desk without needing to detach the Docking Station first. Others may just need a longer cable to place the Docking Station where they like.
The second issue we found was the location of the power plug. To turn the Docking Station on you will need to reach around the Dock and that makes it possible to tip your drive over. I can tell you from experience, 3.5" platter drives do not like to be tipped over when they are running. This is actually a data hazard. If it happens you may brick your drive and that is never a pleasant thing. We would really like to see ineo move the power button to the front.
When it comes to competition, ineo has a bunch of it in the docking station category. Thermaltake is nearly a household name with computer users and they have a couple of these on the market. Luckily for ineo Tech the Thermaltake USB 3.0 version costs nearly twice as much. When it comes to pricing, that is where ineo has a big lead over everyone. At 29.99 USD the ineo Technology USB 3.0 Docking Station is the lowest priced dock at Newegg. With USB 3.0 currently limited by mother markets USB 3.0 speed, one dock isn't going to perform faster than another, so shopping on the lowest price isn't going to bite like it will in other categories.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- New Tekken 7 trailer shows off devastating combos
- Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus pricing leaks
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse