The ineo Technology USB 3.0 Docking station was a well thought out product. Many users could benefit from having such a device planted on their desk. We did run into two issues that may affect the user experience. The first issue was the length of the USB 3.0 cable; some users may need a longer cable so they can easily move their computer out from under their desk without needing to detach the Docking Station first. Others may just need a longer cable to place the Docking Station where they like.
The second issue we found was the location of the power plug. To turn the Docking Station on you will need to reach around the Dock and that makes it possible to tip your drive over. I can tell you from experience, 3.5" platter drives do not like to be tipped over when they are running. This is actually a data hazard. If it happens you may brick your drive and that is never a pleasant thing. We would really like to see ineo move the power button to the front.
When it comes to competition, ineo has a bunch of it in the docking station category. Thermaltake is nearly a household name with computer users and they have a couple of these on the market. Luckily for ineo Tech the Thermaltake USB 3.0 version costs nearly twice as much. When it comes to pricing, that is where ineo has a big lead over everyone. At 29.99 USD the ineo Technology USB 3.0 Docking Station is the lowest priced dock at Newegg. With USB 3.0 currently limited by mother markets USB 3.0 speed, one dock isn't going to perform faster than another, so shopping on the lowest price isn't going to bite like it will in other categories.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni