Where the A50 was nice to look at and cooled our test rig with better than average results, I am really impressed by its bigger brother. The A70 is a beefier feeling, larger bodied, two fan having, "High-Performance" cooler. As long as memory modules don't come into play, and something I would have thought Corsair would address a little more due to their own memory modules, the A70 will deliver all the performance you could want, with less noise than the Ninja 3 and a lot less money than the V10. Placing the A70 on my DFI boards, I had no issues with the chipset cooler or the regular sized memory I use for case reviews. If I wasn't already water cooling, the A70 would be in my work PC cooling my i7 860 right now. It not only goes really well in the 800D, but the ease of mounting would make me use it over the larger Ninja 3. Plus I can always swap out the fans and get similar levels of performance and keep the branding scheme going throughout my entire computer.
Out of the box, cooling is adequate. I mean, if it wasn't we wouldn't be discussing a top three finisher here would we. The combination of 61 CFM of flow and our tested 66 dB of noise, the A70 will be a welcomed hum in any system. These aren't ear splitting levels by any means, but in the middle of the game you may hear the fans in order to deliver those great temperatures. For those looking for the ultimate in cooling and can handle the levels of say a Delta fan or two, this is a serious candidate to keep up and even possibly surpass the two listed above it on the charts.
I have to say this; I am sold on the A70! It offers subtle yet attractive looks, some of the best performance on the market, and it isn't going to stab you in the wallet like most other "premium" coolers. Corsair delivers top dollar performance at what I think is rock bottom pricing. Let's consider this. The Ninja 3 is $42, plus I have to add an extra 100+ CFM fan to get the best numbers on the chart. Once there I am really out of room to improve. The A70 is competing with 61 CFM per fan, and they are both included. Plus, for the $47.99 at Newegg.com, the pricing is too similar, and the A70 still has some room to improve. Corsair has really made a name for themselves in air cooling now, too; keeping that tradition of successful products across the boards, making the A70 a great performing cooler, especially at this price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Corsair Air Series A70 High-Performance CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- No Man's Sky concurrent players tanks by 90% on Steam
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's patch fixes some issues on PC
- No Man's Sky mod lets you travel underwater, and more
- Sony Xperia Z5, Xperia X5 amongst first for Android 7.0
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 features 10-core CPU, costs $135
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- Asus Zenbook pro ux501vw touchscreen?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Is Bigger Always Better?
- Are LianLi case fans any good?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller