Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
Corsairs A70 jumps right in to the fight and at idle settings, the A70 jumped into a 6th place finish at 49.7°C.
Here is where Corsair impressed me with the A70. If the A50 offered "performance", what was a "high-performance" version capable of? - A 3rd place finish! Sneaking in just behind a TEC assisted cooler and another with almost double the CFM. Quite an outstanding performance! Considering the fans can be changed later to higher pressure fans with more CFM, the A70 may even keep up with the Ninja 3.
With two fans cooling the A70, the noise levels are just a touch higher than the A50. At idle the fan can be heard, but with the panel on and other fans going in the case, it's hard to hear the A70.
With the testing going full steam ahead, the A70 again plays in the averages for the sound levels while delivering some really terrific performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Corsair Air Series A70 High-Performance CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- KFC's new meal box charges your smartphone with its built-in battery
- Join the 'Gods of Egypt' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines