Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
Corsairs A70 jumps right in to the fight and at idle settings, the A70 jumped into a 6th place finish at 49.7°C.
Here is where Corsair impressed me with the A70. If the A50 offered "performance", what was a "high-performance" version capable of? - A 3rd place finish! Sneaking in just behind a TEC assisted cooler and another with almost double the CFM. Quite an outstanding performance! Considering the fans can be changed later to higher pressure fans with more CFM, the A70 may even keep up with the Ninja 3.
With two fans cooling the A70, the noise levels are just a touch higher than the A50. At idle the fan can be heard, but with the panel on and other fans going in the case, it's hard to hear the A70.
With the testing going full steam ahead, the A70 again plays in the averages for the sound levels while delivering some really terrific performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Corsair Air Series A70 High-Performance CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99