Everest Random Access Time
Everest Ultimate and Corporate Edition offer several different benchmarks for testing and optimizing your system or network. The Random Access test is one of very few if not only that will measure hard drives random access times in hundredths of milliseconds as oppose to tens of milliseconds.
Drives with only one or two tests displayed in write the write test mean that they have failed the test and their Maximum and possibly their Average Scores were very high after the cached fills. This usually happens only with controllers manufactured by JMicron.
The good news is that the read access time for the ADATA S596 Turbo holds up really well and when reading data you shouldn't have an interruption in data flow.
The bad news is that JMicron still can't shake their poor write performance when their cache buffer runs out. Here we see that write intensive tasks are going to ruin your day; well, maybe your moment. You will have 128MB of space to fill before that happens, but once that happens be prepared to pull your hair out.
Here we see that actual graph from the test. The only other review I could find online of the S596 Turbo stated, "We're happy to report that JMicron has sorted out its performance issues", but obviously that wasn't the case. After further analysis of that article I learned that a write access test was never even performed. Maybe they never really knew what the performance issues surrounding JMicron controllers were.
All joking aside, the JMF616 still has issues even with a 128MB DDR2 buffer when it comes to writing data. It is my opinion that when using the drive as a boot drive it will stutter if asked to perform under heavy use. This doesn't apply to users surfing the web, but power users should look at the above graph and take note.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch will have 'steady pacing of content'
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- Samsung smartwatches now compatible with iOS devices
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99