Off the record, I've stated on a few occasions that JMicron has the very best sales team in the SSD market. I guess that's on the record, though, and since I said it I will have to explain it.
JMicron is the only company that failed to deliver a quality SSD controller even though they've given it at least five tries (JMF601, 602, 602B, 612 and 616). How the hell can a company go 0 for 5 and still keep selling controllers? They have a really good sales team or someone over there has some really large implants. One of these days I will figure out this great mystery, but to be honest, with every trade show I go to JMicron hasn't been on my list of must see companies. Maybe if the implant thing was be valid .
Looking forward, ADATA should just kill the S596 Turbo if they can't manage to get the price significantly lower than the SandForce controlled S599. When I say significant, I mean half, half the cost of the S599. When it comes to the 128GB capacity size, I would honestly look to spend around 150 USD and that is only if I couldn't raise the other 150 USD to get a SandForce drive, ever.
As it sits now, the performance doesn't justify the price of the S596 Turbo and since the S599 uses the same flash it will be impossible to sell the Turbo at enough of a discount to justify a purchase at all.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017