Though the iBUYPOWER LAN Warrior II delivered the kind of stout gaming performance we'd expect from a system bearing AMD's flagship video card, we have to take issue with some of the odd configuration quirks we saw with this system.
Perhaps it was merely an oversight, but we're baffled as to why a company would include a Blu-ray drive, but no playback software (not to mention the lack of proper adapters to use the system with a HDMI-equipped monitor). If this was done to shave a few dollars from the cost to keep the system below a $2000 price point, we'd urge iBUYPOWER to look elsewhere for cost-saving alternatives. Likewise, although we appreciated the performance boost an SSD brings, 64GB is a bit on the small size for a primary drive.
We like iBUYPOWER's grab-and-go concept for the LAN Warrior II, and we like that they didn't skimp on the GPU just because of the system's small footprint. We also like that the company throws in a liquid CPU cooler for no extra charge. However, since the CPU cooler is neither particularly quiet, nor the processor itself overclocked, we're not exactly sure what practical benefits the customer receives from its inclusion.
At a $1999 street price, the LAN Warrior II represents one of the most reasonably priced HD 5970-equipped systems out there. But for a custom-built PC, we expect to see much greater attention to detail. With the number and quality of competitors in the custom PC market, it's not enough to merely throw a flagship GPU into a system and expect the buying public to beat a path to your door.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Internals & Set-Up]
- Page 3 [General Hands-On Usage and Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10 64-bit]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA: Just Cause 3 engine 'incompatible with multi-GPU solutions'
- Report claims mobile broadband is more affordable than ever
- It's Not Too Late - Our Cyber Monday Sale Continues Today
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY