The Antec LanBoy Air Blue Mid Tower Case
Getting our first look at the LanBoy, you can see how that "electric" blue "pops" against the front I/O panel, bay covers, and dual front fans. Under the two controllable fans you see a chunky section of plastic at the bottom. Don't forget about this later, as it is the toolbox, and is where you will find the bulk of your mounting hardware.
The front I/O consists of a reset button, power LED, and hard drive LED on the left side. In the middle you will find two USB 2.0 ports, 3.5mm jacks for a microphones and headphones, and a USB 3.0 port. Finishing off the panel is the larger power button on the right side.
The top of the chassis is made from blue structure with black Lexan panels used as the roof. At the bottom of this image is the front of the case with the Antec logo on the top of the front I/O panel. Behind this panel is a large area to offer good access to the front, flip-up handle. After a crossing support bar, there is the second panel that will accept two 120mm fans. At the back of the chassis you will find the second handle.
From the side you can see it is fully covered in black plastic panels with steel mesh inserts to allow all sorts of air flow and ventilation. Both sides are a two part system. The right side has one screw to remove, and you can either swing it out of the way or remove it all together. The larger panel on the left uses thumb screws and the panel simply lifts off the chassis.
The rear of the chassis offers not only the modularity to move the PSU to the top, but it also has some nice features. At the top there is a hole to pass wires through to feed the top fans with power along with the holes for the tubing to keep a water loop looking clean on the outside as well. They do send an I/O shield in the chassis next to the 120mm exhaust fan. Under the fan is where you will find the switch for the fan and the eight expansion slots below that. The bottom slot cover is designed to allow the passage of the USB 3.0 cable outside so it can be plugged into the motherboard.
The back side of the chassis looks exactly like the other side except for the Antec Design logo found in the lower right hand corner.
Under the chassis the floor is ventilated, and I mean Ventilated. On the left there is a thick band of steel for structural support and then an area of venting that supports mounting for two 2.5mm drives. There is another structural section and then a really large area of ventilation that also acts as a way for the power supply to easily draw air through itself. Keeping the LanBoy Air On the table are six rubber feet that offer a sturdy solution to keeping this chassis stable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity