The RD3XP cables look to be an interesting item. While I only gained beneficial results under Windows, it should be noted that I don't have much in the way of electrical interferences in the vicinity of my computer. I'm well away from any TV sets and microwave ovens, and there are no large satellite antennas anywhere near my home. But who can complain about a 10% gain under the leading Operating System currently in use today?
Also of note is the appearance of these cables. There are no stray wires sticking out anywhere and the entire look is very polished and professional. With the huge emphasis on windows in today's power machines, this can only be a good thing. Also, you get the added benefit of better airflow with the rounded cable. When I initially switched to round ATA cables, my internal case temperatures dropped by 2C, so this also helps out when it comes time to get the most out of your system.
On the downside is cost. Coming in at a price of US$19.95 for the 20" cables, they don't go cheap. But again, the quality that you receive is by far better than most other cables that I've seen on the market.
Bottom line...If you happen to have a Windows based system like most of us and are in the market for a very good set of rounded cables, then take a good, hard look at the RD3XP model. If you can afford the higher than average entry fee, then you'll surely not be disappointed.
Better data flow under Windows
Rounded design aids airflow
Aluminum shielding for cleaner signals
Very high quality
Ground cable can be a hassle for tweakers
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Western Digital reveals new 12TB Helium He12 hard drives
- Tech companies team up to create Global VR Association
- Final Fantasy XV to get free major content updates
- Final Fantasy XV reportedly coming to PC in 2018
- Faraday Future unveils its first electric car next month
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel