The ZT-10D is easy on the eyes with the rounded lines and black nickel plating. The installation is pretty simple, and all the hardware locks solidly into place. It has the option for AMD users to be able to rotate the cooler no matter how their socket is aligned. It feels "beefy" in your hands, with all six of the 8mm heat pipes and 8800 cm² worth of 0.5mm thick aluminum fins. It does come fan-less, but that leaves you with the option for high CFM, or lower CFM and quieter operation; with LEDs or without. For those of you who run at stock clocks and want a simple attractive cooling solution, run the ZT-10D passive. Everything I see in this cooler impresses me in the sheer amount or mass of it, and the attention to detail to things such as cooler orientation for AMD users is something I don't see often enough.
I was able to achieve really impressive results with the fan they included for me to test with. Now, I didn't lower the fan speed with the two fan adapters as I wanted to show the performance as a reference to what fan or fans you choose to include with your purchase. Considering I was able to operate in near silence, and still keep in the top ten performing temperature levels, the ZT-10D could very well be the new BARAM cooler of yesteryear. Meaning that as it sits, you may pass it up, but throw a couple of good fans on this cooler and you have a heat eating monster of a cooler. If we had the award I would give this cooler the "sleeper award", as it is very unassuming at first glance when still packed up in the box.
With only one hit in the U.S. for sales, and locating four or five e-tailers over the pond, availability is quite limited currently. Although the score is going to show a hit in the Availability section, don't let the overall number fool you! With pricing set at $59.99 at Newegg.com, it surpasses the magic $50 mark. For that initial investment you get a very attractive cooling solution, but at this point it is still a passive cooler. Keep that in mind for your purchase, as you can add a pair for as little as say $15 to $20 more and have a great air cooling solution, or keep the price a bit less by grabbing only one. The pricing is what I would expect from a cooler that makes it into the top ten of our testing, but I really would want a fan either shipped in the box from ZEROtherm or if I had to buy one. While the cooler has the ability to cooler processors passively, I would only suggest you do so on a processor that is running stock or maybe a slight overclock if you are running on an AMD. As for the Intel side, I think they are a bit too warm to actually pull off too much of an overclock.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ZEROtherm ZT-10D Premium CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Pearl Black S7 edge comes with more storage
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel