Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
Test results were achieved with the fan applied to the cooler. In most situations running the ZT-10D passively is achievable, especially if you aren't overclocking for the stars. Even so, with a low CFM fan, the ZT-10D takes a spot in the top ten here. Imagine what a noisy 2000 RPM fan could get you!
In the load testing the ZT-10D jumps a spot to seventh, and keep it in mind that this is done with only one 43 CFM fan. If I was going to get one of these, I would do a push-pull setup with a set of powerful fans and let the ZT-10D handle its business.
The ZT-120F performs admirably in the sound pressure testing. At idle, you can see it offers Noctua-like silence in operation and just a bit less CFM than that same fan. Of course, these levels are going to be different on your cooler dependant on which fans you choose to install.
Silence was the key factor in this fan choice. ZEROtherm sending me this fan to cool the ZT-10D Premium was a bold move. It proves that you can have silence, and still get above average performance while delivering it in a sleek and sexy shape. I would venture to say that had they chosen something in the 100CFM range to test a push-pull configuration, the ZT-10D may be in contention for the lead, but this is only my speculation, and I did not do the testing to prove it. Let's just call it an educated guess.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ZEROtherm ZT-10D Premium CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Dell unveils a new 27-inch QHD G-Sync monitor, priced at $799
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20