Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
Test results were achieved with the fan applied to the cooler. In most situations running the ZT-10D passively is achievable, especially if you aren't overclocking for the stars. Even so, with a low CFM fan, the ZT-10D takes a spot in the top ten here. Imagine what a noisy 2000 RPM fan could get you!
In the load testing the ZT-10D jumps a spot to seventh, and keep it in mind that this is done with only one 43 CFM fan. If I was going to get one of these, I would do a push-pull setup with a set of powerful fans and let the ZT-10D handle its business.
The ZT-120F performs admirably in the sound pressure testing. At idle, you can see it offers Noctua-like silence in operation and just a bit less CFM than that same fan. Of course, these levels are going to be different on your cooler dependant on which fans you choose to install.
Silence was the key factor in this fan choice. ZEROtherm sending me this fan to cool the ZT-10D Premium was a bold move. It proves that you can have silence, and still get above average performance while delivering it in a sleek and sexy shape. I would venture to say that had they chosen something in the 100CFM range to test a push-pull configuration, the ZT-10D may be in contention for the lead, but this is only my speculation, and I did not do the testing to prove it. Let's just call it an educated guess.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ZEROtherm ZT-10D Premium CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple sold less iPhones this quarter, revenues are also down
- Life is Strange getting a live-action episodic series
- Nintendo financials plunge, even with Pokemon GO's immense success
- Crucial expands its affordable MX300 SSD range with 3 new drives
- AMD Radeon Pro graphics card powers 16K display, or 15,360 x 8640
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio