The ZEROtherm ZT-10D Premium CPU Cooler
Covered from head to toe in black nickel plating, it gives the ZT-10D a dark appearance that contrasts nicely against the more silver looking heat pipes. This assembly of forty-seven thick fins and six 8mm heat pipes should offer some good heat transfer from the processor.
The side of the cooler is rounded in shape with two little tricks. One is bending over the ends of the fins to help keep the air flow inside the cooler. The second feature I like is that they do leave a section of it open. This allows for a colder inflow of air, especially once a second fan is pulling air. With six pipes needing room to pass through the fins, you can see they are almost as wide as the body of fins is.
Inside the cooler each fin has two additional bends in the middle of them. They are cut on a slight angle and act as both spacers to help support the fins, while also helping drive some of the air flow to the center of the cooler behind the dead spot of the fan.
The shape of the fins is much more apparent in this shot. I like the rounded sides, especially if I was going to run this cooler passively. The stylized design, arrangement of the heatpipes, and the stamped features and "ZT" logo make for an attractive cooler to stare in at. If you are putting fans on the ZT-10D, the rounded sides actually add spacing to allow the fans to be more efficient, in turn making the ZT-10D more efficient.
The base of the cooler doesn't have much of a pre-cooler, but as you will soon see it isn't really needed to perform with most other coolers on the market. Surrounding the base is the pre-installed mounting for both AMD and Intel.
The base of the ZT-10D is quite wide to hold 64mm worth of heatpipes, so not this entire surface is going to make contact with the processor. With the soldered in pipe design, the base will heat evenly and the outer pipes will still function well, unlike some of the Direct Touch Coolers. Even after the plating, the base does show the milling marks. Other than that, the surface is level against the razors edge.
I went ahead and strapped on the blue LED fan that ZEROtherm sent along. I do like how solid these rubber fan clips secure the fans during use, but they can be tough to get them to slide in the tight channel provided. Another thing I notice is that the 120 mm fan almost doesn't cover the full set of fins, just as an idea of the amount of surface area that is built into the ZT-10D.
Looking in at the front, there is a nice amount of that surface area covered by this fan. Keep in mind, adding one fan puts the total weight at almost 1000 grams; adding another will make for close to 1100 grams. Weight isn't an issue with these mounting designs, though. When they are tightened to the motherboard, there is no movement of this cooler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ZEROtherm ZT-10D Premium CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni