To take top spot in the charts here at TweakTown is no easy feat, and for over a year the V10 with its two fans and TEC held top honors of efficiency. Second and third place has been an ongoing battle with many coolers, making that position when they were released. I am glad to see that designs are still improving and we aren't just given a "rebadged" version of an earlier cooler, we are getting a cooler capable of taking down the big dogs with the Ninja 3. Even with its outstanding performance and stunning visual appeal, there are two quick things that need to be addressed.
The height of the Ninja 3 being 160mm tall may make for a very uncomfortable fit in a lot of the mid towers. Along the same lines, as with the D-14, once you have two fans on this cooler it is very wide, and may bring issues with memory clearance. The second thing that needs pointing out is that the edges of this cooler are sharp. The process in which they punch out their fins leaves for a clean line edge, but can cause some damage to your hands if you aren't careful. This is why I recommend removing the motherboard to allow for a much easier installation process. If you have the room and are careful during installation, these are non-issues, but it is something to consider before you take my following advice.
Scythe delivers the most efficient cooler to hit our labs if used with a push-pull fan setup. Sharing third spot with the Yasya is nice, but I would suggest you go at the Ninja 3 with both feet and just buy a fan to go along with it. I guarantee you won't be disappointed with your investment. I am pleased to say that the investment isn't going to hurt you like the recently removed first place holder. In fact, to attain the Ninja 3 and one fan, you only need to spend $42.99 at Newegg and shipping is free! If you are going to grab another fan, match them up and grab this $8.99 solution. That brings the total price to $51.98 US dollars and with free shipping on both the Ninja 3 and the matching fan, how exactly can you lose? I suggest you get them before the deal runs dry!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Scythe Ninja 3 SCNJ-3000 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MoviePass charges $10 for daily movie screenings
- Google Pixel 2 to feature squeezable frame - Active Edge
- Tencent didn't invest in PUBG studio Bluehole
- Galaxy Note8 will be the first Note with 6GB of RAM
- Amazon Instant Pickup has orders ready in two minutes
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- how many pcie slots can i use?
- Bios question on new build
- NETGEAR ReadyNAS 626X 10Gbe NAS Review
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes
- ASUS announces DSL-AC88U router
- Final Fantasy XIV: Online exceeds 10 million players worldwide