To take top spot in the charts here at TweakTown is no easy feat, and for over a year the V10 with its two fans and TEC held top honors of efficiency. Second and third place has been an ongoing battle with many coolers, making that position when they were released. I am glad to see that designs are still improving and we aren't just given a "rebadged" version of an earlier cooler, we are getting a cooler capable of taking down the big dogs with the Ninja 3. Even with its outstanding performance and stunning visual appeal, there are two quick things that need to be addressed.
The height of the Ninja 3 being 160mm tall may make for a very uncomfortable fit in a lot of the mid towers. Along the same lines, as with the D-14, once you have two fans on this cooler it is very wide, and may bring issues with memory clearance. The second thing that needs pointing out is that the edges of this cooler are sharp. The process in which they punch out their fins leaves for a clean line edge, but can cause some damage to your hands if you aren't careful. This is why I recommend removing the motherboard to allow for a much easier installation process. If you have the room and are careful during installation, these are non-issues, but it is something to consider before you take my following advice.
Scythe delivers the most efficient cooler to hit our labs if used with a push-pull fan setup. Sharing third spot with the Yasya is nice, but I would suggest you go at the Ninja 3 with both feet and just buy a fan to go along with it. I guarantee you won't be disappointed with your investment. I am pleased to say that the investment isn't going to hurt you like the recently removed first place holder. In fact, to attain the Ninja 3 and one fan, you only need to spend $42.99 at Newegg and shipping is free! If you are going to grab another fan, match them up and grab this $8.99 solution. That brings the total price to $51.98 US dollars and with free shipping on both the Ninja 3 and the matching fan, how exactly can you lose? I suggest you get them before the deal runs dry!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Scythe Ninja 3 SCNJ-3000 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spectacles are finally available for online purchase
- Moto G5 and G5 Plus specs leak ahead of the launch
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league